Design — 2005–2009
Realization — 2005–2009
In the early 1990s this site forming Paveletskaya Square development line became the object of a tender design. At that time the project of a high–rise building designed out in a modern style and continuing the range of Stalin–era high–rise buildings along the Garden Ring won the tender. A little later a new investor, ENKA, a Turkish company appeared; and project had to be essentially revised. The general concept of the stepped tower with adjacent side wings was preserved, at the same time the authors considered it possible to adjust the style to the neighboring development; its ensemble is determined by the residential houses of 1930–1950, located on the other side of the Garden Ring. Thereby the elements appealing to Moscow architecture of the XVII century which were widely used in Moscow post–war high–rise buildings as well were employed.
Compositionally, the building is divided into three main parts: the central stepped tower contains offices; the lower side wings comprise shopping areas, offices, cafes and restaurants. Facades of the building with large, juicy details are well blend with surrounding buildings of the Garden Ring.
For transport communication the arch passage connecting the courtyard of the Business center with the Garden Ring is arranged in the western wing. It not only gives comfort and is convenient to the Center employees, but also helps to arrange and improve the existing transport and pedestrian communications.